Thread: Help?

Unhappy Help?

To whom it concerns:

I enjoy this game, but I am a newcomer. That said, I find the guides aimed towards people having a basic knowledge of the quests and mechanics of the game. I have tried to ask for help in game, but receive no answers. I have seen this happen to others as well. Simple requests to party so they can progress somehow are entirely ignored. I honestly have so many questions about this game and have a very hard time finding satisfying answers. As a genuine newcomer, I understand the basic mechanics of an mmorpg, but not where quests are located, how to get (or use) many quest items. I have learned much, but still feel that many guides leave out information for true noobs. I would really appreciate any help. I am not currently part of a guild. I work 3rd shift so, I am often on when there aren't many others on. Now, I am not sure where to level, or what direction to take, so I am not sure where to begin asking questions. My current character is a level 154 royal knight. It seems I need to spend time in Mondshine from what I have read. Thanks in advance.

EG LastChaos | Head GameMaster Dev Team Arashu's Avatar
    Hello lazlo3030,

have you read our Begginner Guide? It gives a guideline of the most basic steps you need to take to play the game. It is a basic guide because most of our players know the game beforehand, since LC it's been open for many years, and they usually know where everything is already.

However, if you need more assistance or more information about where things are or what to do, you can ask for specifics here and we will assist you and explain it to you. Our forums were renovated a few weeks ago and all the threads were removed, so we are still in the process of uploading many of our guides again. But there are other useful links and info I can give to you if you ask for something specific.

If you prefer someone to help you inside the game, you can ask for our GSs or GM in general chat, or find them here in forum too. Their job is to help players and explain things like the ones you're asking for, and they will do so if you ask!

About the guild stuff, sadly I can't help you. That you will have to do on your own, meeting people inside the game and asking them to join their guild.

Like I said, if you need any info, let me know here or look for our ingame staff

Thanks for responding.

I have read the beginners guide. It is a general guide as you said. I understand that LC is an older game. In truth, I played it some years ago with a group of friends in a guild. However, they basically hand led me to all the "necessary" quests and events. Coming back, I find that really hurt me in actually learning about this game, and frustrates me when I don't know where to go for certain quests/events.

Of course, this is out of your control. I had hoped your guides would be slightly more detailed, i.e. lists of quests have the general location of person to speak with and where that person is, and recommendations on how to complete the quest, even if it were as simple as go here and kill these monsters.

As I said before, I have asked for help in game and received no reply. Perhaps, I had bad timing? I do work 3rd shift so I am usually on late at night and sometimes very early in the mornings. At this point, I have gathered that LC is much larger than I had known. I am kind of left not really knowing what to do besides level and sell stuff.

I might be interested in joining a guild. I am not interested in pvp. I have never participated in any party events. Unfortunately, I don't tend to see a lot of players on, and only certain ones seem to be helpful, and I apparently have not found many of them.

I have had two opportunities to join a party. One, I didn't know what we were doing, and they didn't seem to speak English, and the other I was just setting up shop to sell stuff while I went to bed. I suppose all I can really ask for at this point is advice/pointers. Thanks for your time.

EG LastChaos | Head GameMaster Dev Team Arashu's Avatar
    Hello again lazlo3030,

like I said earlier, our guide section is not complete since the forum was renovated, and even if it doesn't exist a guide for the thing you need, you can just ask here and we will help you. Just specify the thing you need help with!

Quote Originally Posted by lazlo3030 View Post
    Thanks for responding.

I have read the beginners guide. It is a general guide as you said. I understand that LC is an older game. In truth, I played it some years ago with a group of friends in a guild. However, they basically hand led me to all the "necessary" quests and events. Coming back, I find that really hurt me in actually learning about this game, and frustrates me when I don't know where to go for certain quests/events.

Of course, this is out of your control. I had hoped your guides would be slightly more detailed, i.e. lists of quests have the general location of person to speak with and where that person is, and recommendations on how to complete the quest, even if it were as simple as go here and kill these monsters.

As I said before, I have asked for help in game and received no reply. Perhaps, I had bad timing? I do work 3rd shift so I am usually on late at night and sometimes very early in the mornings. At this point, I have gathered that LC is much larger than I had known. I am kind of left not really knowing what to do besides level and sell stuff.

I might be interested in joining a guild. I am not interested in pvp. I have never participated in any party events. Unfortunately, I don't tend to see a lot of players on, and only certain ones seem to be helpful, and I apparently have not found many of them.

I have had two opportunities to join a party. One, I didn't know what we were doing, and they didn't seem to speak English, and the other I was just setting up shop to sell stuff while I went to bed. I suppose all I can really ask for at this point is advice/pointers. Thanks for your time.
    this might help but not sure if you open your map in juno and find (scroll trader) go to him and buy a "NPC SCROLL" for whatever map you are on i guess since you are on mondshine then buy a "MONDSHINE NPC SCROLL " when ever you are lost on the map then simply open it and learn how to navigate them. the scroll you can use to teleport to random NPC'S of that particular map. for example if you have a quest with " royal guard dido" then on the scroll you look for "royal quard dido (Q)" the Q next to his name indicates you have a quest from him to collect. you simply click the name of the npc on the scroll and teleport to him... once you have completed the quest then you simply open the npc scroll and look for "royal guard dido (A)".... the A simply indicates that the quest you collected from him before is completed and ready to turn in.. sorry for my typing or whatever errors you see... i hope this helps if you have more problems in game your always welcome to join my guild you can send me A pm in forums ill be happy to help you or any newcomer to this game. cheers!